Tuesday, July 11, 2006

eSnips - A Cool Sharing Site

Hi,

I had always wanted a cool online storage and sharing tool to keep all my stuff accessible from anywhere, anytime. Mostly photos are the ones that I wanted to share. You know, those fond memories of you with your loved ones. Its good to have access to them always. There might be a lot of photo sharing sites like, flickr and photobucket and ofcourse, many others.

But I got myself very much interested in eSnips.

The reason is its sheer easy to use interface and features. You can not only upload and share photos, but anything you want, if you can call it a 'file', in your PC. You can create albums, you can blog in your albums, share them with the world or with a private group. It also gives you a widget that you can place in your website or your friend's for others to visit your albums. The one coolest feature i liked in eSnips is that, you can upload stuff(again, anything) by email. You get an email with your account and when you send an email to that account with an attachment, the attachment is stored in the folder that you designate, the text portion is ignored.

The possibilities are quite huge. And recently after seeing that the users of eSnips are actually trying to sell and buy stuff online from other eSnips users, the site administrators have added a nice cool eCommerce functionality to the site as well. I havent yet checked that out personally, but it is there for the taking.

I have already uploaded some of the photos and below are some of my albums. If you want,
My Emailed Stuff
Trip to Ooty
Trip to Mahabalipuram

And hey, please dont blame me, if you cant find anything useful in the above albums. Those are pricely treasures for me, not necesarily for ya. Just get the idea of eSnips features.

You can read the techcrunch blog about eSnips, here.

Cool then, try it out...

Cheers
Joe

No comments: